Tuesday, September 19, 2006

Another New PD Blog

Via Skelly, here's a new public defender blog, Of a Public Defender's Life. On why she is a public defender, she says, in part:

Maybe that's part of why I do it, though. I am needed: To defend people who need defending, and no one else feels they "deserve" it. To ensure that people's rights are not violated, when even they don't appreciate what I do. To not allow our Constitution or the principles of freedom and justice upon which our country was built to be trampled upon for the sake of efficiency or security.

Sounds good to me!

2 Comments:

Blogger Ruth said...

I love your blog. I couldn't stomach juvies for more than a year. I'm glad there are actually pd's out there who can deal with their families. Maybe when I become older and more jaded I can go back to them. On the other hand, maybe I wouldn't be good at it if that happened...

9/19/2006 6:51 PM  
Blogger David Tarrell said...

I'm glad I found your blog too, as I was a "misdemeanor" p.d., got a little burnt out with the slow progression to felonies, so asked to go to juvy. I enjoy it, but want to go back to adult court. I have to do a lot of neglect cases and my heart's not in it. I do admire people who can stomach juvy court, however, and part of me will miss it, particularly the delinquencies. Once in awhile they are rewarding, but I guess that's the p.d.'s lot in general.

9/21/2006 11:05 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home