Monday, September 11, 2006

Five Years Later, In Memory 9/11/01

On September 11, 2001, I was sitting on an airplane at LaGuardia airport in New York City, preparing to fly back to Dallas after taking a trip to Toronto with a friend from New York. I had been scheduled to fly back the night of September 10, but my flight was cancelled due to weather. I was supposed to start my new job as a public defender on Wednesday, September 12. Instead, I found myself stranded in New York City, in the midst of the worst terrorist attack on American soil.

I was a bit shocked by my reaction to the news coverage of the anniversary of the attacks this morning. I found myself crying almost uncontrollably, feeling like I was back in New York City, sitting with all the other stranded passengers outside the airport, watching as the towers burned. I did not know a single person who died that day, and yet I am a virtual emotional wreck today. I cannot even imagine how those who lost loved ones are dealing with their loss today.

My thoughts and prayers are with everyone who is dealing with the pain of that day.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home