Friday, September 29, 2006

Have a Good Weekend

I wanted to thank everyone who has commented on my post about the detainee bill. The only thing that prevents me from literally moving to Canada (I'm just a hop, skip, and a jump away) is that I know there are so many passionate, devoted, patriotic Americans like you guys out there. Somehow, we have to find a way out of the descent into despotism.

On a completely unrelated note, I couldn't leave for the weekend without posting this unbelievable story about a US Congressman who resigned today because he was soliciting teenage Congressional pages over the internet for sex. The best part is that he is apparently the biggest mouthpiece in the Congress about child sex abuse legislation and how we need to protect these kids from all the perverts on the internet. I've always had a weird feeling about some of these folks who seem obsessed with child sex offenders. Some of them just seem unhealthily obsessed with it, and this story just confirms that feeling. I'd love to hear Sarena's thoughts on this.

3 Comments:

Blogger David Tarrell said...

I think the Bush administration's tactics will work well for this scandal. Apparently what you do is you round up everyone remotely involved, declare them enemy combatants, send them to Gitmo and strap them to a waterboard. Then, if they know anything, the cia will scare it out of them and problem solved.

I expect Hastert, Foley, Reynolds and Boehner to follow the natural consequences of their votes and willingly submit to these "truth gathering techniques." After all, they compared internet pedophiles to terrorists, gave the decider the power to fight the GWOT, and described the fine conditions at Gitmo, so the leap to EC status isn't too hard to make.

10/03/2006 9:42 AM  
Blogger Mike Howard said...

I just got back from Canada a few weeks ago (vacation to Banff National Park) and I barely came back myself. I can sympathize. Of course, I hate you for living in a place about a billion times better than Dallas!

10/03/2006 6:33 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Wait a second, I'm obsessed with child sex offenders...what are you trying to say?!? I just wonder how dumb people can be. It's amazing how folks keep using the Internet and wonder how they get caught. I mean: "According to GOP sources, Foley is concerned there may be other potential politically damaging e-mails or information out there and has concluded it's best not to run again for office." Ya' think??? Makes me wonder if he just wanted to get caught, which is about the only positive think I have to say about a guy who thinks it's "cool" that a teenage page is wearing boxers.

10/06/2006 2:59 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home