Wednesday, September 27, 2006

Common Sense on Sex Offender Laws

Have I mentioned lately how much I love Sarena Straus, she of the fantastic blog Prosecutor Post-Script? Well, I do. And not just because she recently called me "ever wonderful." She is a former child abuse/domestic violence prosecutor (and not former as in she's now a defense attorney--she still writes from the prosecutor perspective) who is reasonable and I believe truly cares about justice. She doesn't just pay lip service to it, or define justice as "whatever the alleged victim wants to happen." Her latest post on the wrongheadedness of the recent proposed laws banning sex offenders from living anywhere near a school, park, church, bus stop, campground, swimming pool, mall, convenience store, zoo, pet shop, arcade, miniature golf course, grocery store, restaurant, flea market, newspaper stand, or telephone booth is right on point. Every so often, Sarena even gets invited to be on Nancy Grace's show. What I wouldn't give to see her comment on these laws on Nancy's program!

4 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Awww...shucks. Thank you! What I wouldn't give to have Nancy invite me on to her show again to comment about it! I'm up for a slight disagreement. ;0P

10/06/2006 3:13 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

She also called you an "otherwise generally sarcastic muse".

Personally, I prefer that over "ever wonderful".

10/19/2006 8:23 PM  
Anonymous Paul said...

It cannot have effect as a matter of fact, that's exactly what I suppose.
women masterbating | Halifax airport | leopard heels

1/24/2012 2:58 PM  
Anonymous Oatmeal Cookie Recipes said...

Hello mate great bloog post

5/29/2023 3:19 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home