Wednesday, August 09, 2006

The Inspirational Kennedy

Update: Professor Berman at Sentencing Law & Policy takes Justice Kennedy to task over his speech in this very thought-provoking post. He criticizes Kennedy for drawing on jury rhetoric while consistently voting to deny jury rights in the Apprendi line of cases, and says Kennedy "ought to get his own house in order before lecturing others." I can't say that I disagree with him on that point.
**********
Original post:

No, I'm not talking about JFK. I'm talking about that other Kennedy who can inspire with his rhetoric--Supreme Court Justice Anthony Kennedy. Stop laughing at me--I'm serious! Slate's magnificent legal editor, Dahlia Lithwick, writes about Kennedy's speech to the ABA, and I'm inspired. I'm a sucker for all those speeches about how lawyers have changed the world for the better and how we lawyers of today need to do the same. You?

1 Comments:

Blogger Buttercup said...

I'm inspired by such sentiments as well. That's why I, like many people, went to law school - to try to contribute something positive to the world.

8/08/2006 12:53 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home