Tuesday, October 21, 2008

One Xanax Pill

Update: Morning of trial and super-longshot motion to suppress . . . prosecutor agreed to recommend year and a day with the statement that the defendant's violation was de minimis and make no further argument on sentencing and we could argue for an exceptional downward sentence (one below the minimum under the sentencing guidelines) . . . I recommended the client take the deal . . . we asked for 90 days (minimum under the guidelines was year and a day) . . . judge gave him . . . 90 DAYS! Woohoo!

***********

Possessing one Xanax pill without a prescription should not get you a year and a day in state prison no matter how many prior felony convictions you have. Also, it does not make me feel better when a prosecutor tells me that he wishes he could do something better for me, and that he feels bad that he can't do better. If you wish you could do something better and you feel bad that you can't do better, then DO SOMETHING BETTER!

Labels: , ,

4 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

there was a kid who was charged for possesion of xanax but whilst awaiting trial guess what they gave him in Jail

5/29/2009 9:30 AM  
Anonymous xanax said...

I tried almost everything but suffered from horrific panic disorder for 11 years. Finally I decided to take Xanax. I was afraid of getting addicted but, I m so glad I used this it because I have been panic free for the last 11 months. I don't take Xanax everyday anymore at all. I did not get addicted at all. I take it only if I feel like I start getting anxious. I thank Xanax. Xanax is the only thing helped me.

11/02/2010 4:10 AM  
Blogger Unknown said...

Again, haven't you ever heard of ELECTIONS? Judges, prosecutors, mayors etc. ALL have to be voted out of office for being fascists; you need to alert their political challengers, the media, and everyone else. However you haven't even listed their name in this blog, when that's the FIRST thing you should do.

You have to realize that politicians are motivated by one thing first and foremost: POWER.

George Washington said that "government is not eloquence, it is not reason-- it is only one thing, FORCE. It is a dangerous servant and a fearful master."

So don't bother trying reason or eloquence to persuade government, you have to threaten their political career-- and if that doesn't work, follow through.

11/27/2010 1:29 PM  
Anonymous Penis Enlargement Pills said...

You made some good points there. I did a search on the topic and found most people will agree with your blog.

5/14/2011 2:46 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home