Monday, April 09, 2007

Life's a Marathon

Saturday, I officially started my marathon training. Okay, I'm only training for a half-marathon. And, okay, I'm only training to walk a half-marathon. For me, though, this is a huge deal. I generally hate exercise. I can't count the number of times I start "working out," with all sorts of promises and goals to myself, only to quit because I'm bored or don't have the time, or some other convenient excuse. The end result is that I am extremely out of shape. And I'm sick and tired of it. I want to feel better. I want to look better. And I don't want to condemn myself to a life of heart disease, high blood pressure, and diabetes, like so many of my family members. So, I decided to participate in a program that trains people to run or walk marathons or half-marathons. Basically, you get together with the whole group every Saturday morning for a group walk/run, and then follow a schedule of walking or running during the week. I walked a mere 1.5 miles Saturday morning, and now, I'm on my way. Hopefully, I'll be able to tell you this fall that I completed my half-marathon. And hopefully, by then, I'll be feeling better all around.

Labels:

3 Comments:

Blogger Curtis said...

Best of luck with it! I did the same thing a couple years ago and now I'm one of those insane runners. You'll do great!

4/09/2007 5:49 PM  
Blogger sewimsiz said...

Thank you very much for this useful article.

sohbet - sohbet güncel haber - güzel sözler - güncel haber - radyo dinle - key ödemeleri - mirc yükle - sohbet - video izle

10/09/2008 9:32 PM  
Anonymous Sticking my Neck Out said...

This is a great ppost

8/27/2023 11:21 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home