Friday, March 16, 2007

Has There Been a Full Moon All Month?

It sure the hell feels like it. All month, we've been overloaded with kids who have no parents or family willing or able to care for them, who have no place to live, or who have been seriously abused at home and just can't go home. I can't remember a time since I started this job when we had so many of these cases all at once. I certainly can't remember a time we were all so busy. I apologize for not blogging in so long, but I simply haven't had any time. I barely feel like I have time to deal with what needs to be done by the next hour. Thankfully, our juvenile section is really working together well, or I don't know how we'd have been able to handle it all. One thing these past few weeks have done for me, though, is reinforce how important this job is. There truly are kids falling through the cracks of the system all the time, and sometimes, sadly, getting charged with a crime, is the only way they come to the attention of the state agencies that are supposed to be looking out for their welfare.

Labels: ,

2 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

I know exactly what you're talking about. I just spent a lot of time explaining to a 15 yr old girl that- despite the fact that she's doing well in boys town (they recently change the name to girls and boys town) and was MVP of the girls b-ball team- she can't go home yet as the parent hasn't followed through on the neglect case that's pending against her.

3/19/2007 1:07 PM  
Anonymous sohbet said...

Thank Youa dmin very much Nice Post..

12/13/2009 3:49 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home