Tuesday, January 16, 2007

In Honor of Martin Luther King, Jr.

I wasn't in the office yesterday, so I'm one day late to this. But, yesterday was MLK Day, and I didn't want to let it pass without a mention here. The title of this blog, of course, is taken from Dr. King's Letter from Birmingham Jail, where he asserted so powerfully that "Injustice anywhere is a threat to justice everywhere." Dr. King was responsible for powerful change for millions of people on a dramatic scale, and certainly most of us will never come close to having such an impact. But, one thing the civil rights movement was a great example of was the power of ordinary people in their own individual way to rectify injustice. I know I am not alone among public defenders in being inspired to do the work I do because of a desire to do just that.

Greg at Public Defender Stuff had the honor of hosting the MLK edition of Blawg Review this week, and it is an excellent place to check out posts around the blogosphere in honor of MLK.

Labels:

1 Comments:

Anonymous Dougal said...

Goodness, there's really much effective info here!
Acne Treatment

12/24/2011 10:52 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home