Friday, April 15, 2005

Bad Dreams

I'm a PD has a recurring dream whenever she's in trial. I have virtually the exact same recurring dream when I'm in trial. Any dream interpreters out there? Just in case there are, take a stab at this other recurring one I have (whether in trial or not): I'm trying to accomplish some urgent task--it's essential to my life, safety, or that of others--but I can't do it because a blinding light (usually from the sun, but sometimes it's artificial) keeps blocking my view.

2 Comments:

Blogger Michael Ausbrook said...

Welcome to the Blog Block. I came to visit because of the mention over on Grits today, I think it was. Just wanted to say that whether or not Johnny Cochrane was great, the saying attributed to him as the inspiration for your blog's name (and it's a great name) was Martin Luther King, Jr.'s--at least in the form you have it quoted. Samuel Johnson (a.k.a. Dr. Johnson) actually came up first with a more potent version, although with a slightly different emphasis: "An injustice anywhere *is* and injustice everywhere." (Emphasis added).

That's not a complaint, mind you. I do understand that, as Pete Seeger used to quote Woody Guthrie: "Plagiarism is basic to all culture." But, to the extent that Johnny Cochrane was great, I'm not sure he would have wanted the saying, in the form you have it, attributed to him and not to MLK, Jr.

The two different versions were actually the subject of my Sunday Pickle post some time ago: http://incourts.blogspot.com/2004/10/sunday-pickle.html

That said, give The Apparatus hell. It deserves every lick of every flame.

4/15/2005 3:17 PM  
Blogger Catonya said...

welcome to the fray. I'm Cat- found my way here through gritsforbreakfast.

I asked a friend about your dream, shoot me an email and I'll forward her interpretation to you. (too long to post here).

4/17/2005 4:34 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home