Monday, January 09, 2006

The Continuing Saga of Walter Mann

Right before Christmas, I got poor old Walter Mann out of jail after a 15-month illegal incarceration. To make a long story short, Mr. Mann was assaulted by his teenage son, who was ordered into a juvenile facility. As his parent, Mr. Mann--67 and on disability--was ordered to pay the county $50/month for incarcerating his son. Mr. Mann couldn't pay. The state filed a motion for contempt. When Mr. Mann didn't appear, he was arrested. He was then left in jail without a hearing or a lawyer for fifteen months. The only reason he's not sitting in jail to this day is that his cellmate told his public defender, one of my co-workers, who passed it on to me, and I got him released. Even if Mr. Mann had actually been found in contempt, the maximum sentence he could have received is 6 months in jail. Anyway, I just found out today that the judge who left him in jail all that time has now ordered him to court to again attempt to collect that $50/month! Thankfully, he now has a good lawyer, who I have complete faith will handle this most appropriately. But just in case, I'm wondering if I should be on hand with a sharp instrument, offering to cut out a pound of flesh from poor Mr. Mann. Maybe that will satisfy the judge.

3 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

I am Walter Mann's daughter Rose Mann if their is any infomation avalible about his whereabouts please inform me I miss him dearly. I am is baby girl. rose_mnn@yahoo.com please contact me please. The real story is that he has three beautiful chilren that misses if everyday!!!

3/10/2010 8:12 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

This is Rose Mann again if you know my father attorney or any information regarding Walter Mann please get in touch with me. The years a been very hard without him. WE (his kids) are all he got and we want nothing more than to fall back into the arms of our father. This is not a fake blog. I really need someone to have compassion and help me find my father. He is too great of a man to just forget. help me!!!! rose_mnn@yahoo.com God will bless you for you will have done a great deed unto me and my family!!!!!!!!!

3/10/2010 8:21 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Found my dad :)

5/23/2011 1:25 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home