Friday, December 30, 2005

Earth to MADD: Buzzed Driving Is NOT Drunk Driving

I saw a news story last night about this new ad campaign being promoted with the catchphrase, "Buzzed Driving Is Drunk Driving." It infuriated me. I spent who knows how much of what should have been my relaxation time composing in my head what I would post on my blog about this issue. Then, this morning, I read Blonde Justice's take on it, and realized we were kindred spirits (no pun intended!), and I should probably just link to hers.

To sum up, though: No, Mothers Against Drunk Driving, the Ad Council, and other advocacy groups, buzzed driving is not the same as drunk driving. You can buy as many ads as you want that say it, but it doesn't make it so. Buzzed driving is legal. Intoxicated driving is not.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home