Tuesday, September 20, 2005

3L

Two law professors are debating all week whether law school should be shortened to be just two years, instead of three. There are some good arguments on both sides--the best argument on the "get rid of it" side being that it would save students a year's worth of tuition. What do my fellow criminal defense lawyers think? Prosecutors? Personally, I loved my third year of law school. I had a job at a law firm lined up, so I wasn't worried about that. I was on the board of our public interest fellowship fundraising organization. I did a great immigration clinic. I took a couple more advanced criminal law courses. I worked part-time for a wonderful solo practitioner. I've heard the old saying, "In the first year of law school, they scare you to death; in the second year, they work you to death; and in the third year, they bore you to death." But for me, the third year was anything but boring because I took all the classes that I wanted to take, and did all the extracurriculars I wanted to do. It was the best year of the whole experience. I'd hate to see it go.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home