Tuesday, May 31, 2005

Jail or Black Hole? Hard to Tell

The Dallas County jail has been plagued by problems since the county began using a new computer system to keep track of inmates. Numerous inmates have been held past their release dates. These include people who pled out and were held past the end of their sentence, people whose cases were dismissed or no-billed by the grand jury, people who posted bond, and people who were arrested and never charged. The county commissioner responsible for the new system, however, maintains there have only been minor problems, and is not inclined to apologize to any of those wrongly incarcerated. I'm guessing if he were wrongfully held in the jail for months, lost his job, and was evicted from his housing, he wouldn't think these were minor problems.

3 Comments:

Blogger LameDame said...

Your original blog was posted in 2005 sadly this "Black Hole" still exists. The Dallas County Jail is truly a nightmare, my boyfriend had a warrant for one ticket, and has been there going on 3 days, the even sadder part is I can't get a hold of anyone at the jail for any information on when he will be released, their number takes you in loops through-out their menus and once you finally think you're going to get an operator you're stuck on hold listening to dead-air, except every few minutes a recording asks you to hold on the line for the next available operator, I sat on the line 32 minutes, and still got no response. I spoke with someone at the jail ( who obviously couldn't help me)HE told me that I am probably not able to get through because their computers are down. So my boyfriend is sitting in jail because the "computers are down"? I wish there was something I could do about this.
*Sorry this comment is soo long!

10/07/2006 10:55 AM  
Blogger mert said...

Cep Sohbet

mobil Sohbet

4/27/2018 11:33 AM  
Blogger Mircsohbet said...

Sohbet Bedava
Bedava Sohbet
Bedava chat
chat Bedava

3/22/2019 11:07 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home