Tuesday, April 26, 2005

School Snitches

I don't think I like the idea of paying students to snitch on their classmates. I think we should be teaching young people to report dangerous, criminal behavior to school officials because it is the right thing to do, not because you will get paid for doing it. I also worry about students deciding that setting up other kids to get in trouble is a great way to earn some extra cash. And, honestly, how many parents out there would want the school just handing their child $500? I really don't understand the justification that it could help prevent a school shooting. Are there really kids out there who could know that a friend or classmate was planning on murdering his fellow classmates, but would not turn that person in unless they were paid $500? I hope not.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home