Friday, April 22, 2005

Finger Frenzy

I'm not surprised to hear that the woman who claimed to have found a finger in her Wendy's chili has now been arrested for attempted grand larceny. The first time I saw the story on the news, I was suspicious. And I didn't understand why journalists were covering the story as if the woman's claims were completely truthful. It reminded me of the guy who claimed to have found a syringe in his Pepsi. The media ran all over the place reporting the story and scaring people about product tampering. It turned out the guy had done it himself so he could file a lawsuit. I'm not saying the woman should have been called a liar right from the start. I'm just asking for a little skepticism here. The police obviously had some. It would be nice if the media was a little more concerned about truth than they were about a shocking story. Personally, I never understood why it was a national story in the first place.

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Not only that - but hasn't she raised similar claims in the past against other big corporations? I read that somewhere...

4/22/2005 2:13 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home