Saturday, July 29, 2006

Just When I Thought I Was Out . . .

So, I thought I had given up on the whole blogging thing. But, here I am again. I just can't help myself. If you were one of my regular readers, I apologize for being gone for so long. I hope you check me out again. If you're new, welcome!

So, an update . . . I have a new job! Yay! Much faster than I had imagined, I landed a public defender position in my new state. Because I'm new, and because my clients are juveniles, I'm going to be staying away from current client "war stories," at least for a while. But, I still have a lot to say. For one thing, I have discovered that much of the criminal law and procedure in Texas is way more pro-defendant than it is in Washington. Not at all what I expected. That is definitely something I'll be posting more about. Another big issue is juvenile law in general. This is completely new to me, and it presents a lot of issues worthy of rants, and perhaps a few raves. So, expect some of that. And, of course, there is a ton of injustice related goings on around the country--and the world--to talk about. The Guantanamo tribunals, the insanity defense, and the potential impending death of the exclusionary rule are just a few of the things I'm dying to talk about.

Here we go again.

3 Comments:

Blogger Sancho said...

Woohoo! You're back! I'm putting you back on the Blogroll today!

Oh, and congrats on the new gig!

8/01/2006 3:46 PM  
Blogger Tom McKenna said...

Glad to see you back, and congratulatons on the move. I hope you like it in Washington, and look foward to hearing some good war stories.

8/03/2006 8:26 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I'm reading on, can't wait to read more... lol looks like you haven't posted in a while, but I'm going to be joining a Juvie division soon and want to check out your insights... we'll see...

10/11/2008 2:11 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home