Friday, February 17, 2006

Massive Update

So, the murder trial ended badly. Guilty. Life. It was never a punishment case. If the jury believed he was guilty, they were going to give him the max. If we were going to win, it was at guilt-innocence, and we didn't.

Then, just a week later, I was back in another jury trial. This time it was a drug case--possession with intent to deliver, another first degree felony. After a long and twisting trial, we finally sent it to the jury on Monday morning. They deliberated all day, and then deadlocked 11-1 in favor of acquittal. Yay! And dammit!

And now, the big news. I gave my notice to my bosses this week. I'm definitely moving to Washington. I don't have a job yet. I don't have a law license there yet. But, I'll figure it out. It's kind of exciting actually.

I am sad to be leaving my job here, though. I have absolutely loved the work that I've had the chance to do here, and I love so many of the people that I work with. I have learned more than I could ever have imagined. And I have only become more passionate about my belief that the indigent accused need to be zealously represented.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home