Wednesday, May 18, 2005

The Burning Question

As Gideon sums up here, there's been quite a bit of discussion going around the blawgosphere about whether to blog from and about work. I thought about this a lot myself before I started my blog. I think I understand the pros and cons and I've tried to balance them here. On one hand, I don't think my blog would be what I want it to be if I don't post some personal experiences. My feelings about the criminal justice system are shaped by a lot of things, and one of the major ones is obviously my own personal experiences as a public defender. I like to think that my personal stories inform whoever might be reading this blog about just who is spouting off her opinion. I also have read quite a few posts on other blawgs from defense attorneys and public defenders that helped me get through a bad hour, bad day, or bad week because I knew that other people across this country were doing what I was doing, and were facing the same struggles I was. As I type this, I realize that it's sort of like a quasi-support group, I guess. On the other hand, I don't want to ever come close to revealing any privileged or confidential information. I certainly don't want to destroy any good professional relationships I have. And, obviously, I don't want to get fired. But, in the end, for me, I decided that for my blog, it just wasn't worth it for me to blog if I didn't throw some of my own personal experiences in the mix.

I do have some general rules to keep myself in check. I don't use any client names--not even first names. I never reveal client conversations beyond a general, "Client says he didn't do it" type reference. I also don't use any names of co-workers, prosecutors, or judges. I never, ever, ever blog about or even mention my boss or the particulars of my office. And I remain somewhat anonymous. I say "somewhat," because I'm sure if someone really wanted to figure out who I am, they could. But, I'm not going to advertise it either.

I recognize that it's possible, I might get burned for some of this. But, for now, I'm just doing the best that I can, hoping that some people get something out of this place.

What do you think?

12 Comments:

Anonymous Gideon said...

I think you've covered every reason to blog. I pretty much feel the same way. The PD blogs are, in a sense, a support community where we can relate, hear similar tales and know that we aren't the only ones.

Keep up your blogging - I've certainly enjoyed all of it.

5/18/2005 9:08 AM  
Blogger Skelly said...

Yes, keep up the good work. Like the song says, "people like you help people like me go on."

5/18/2005 1:15 PM  
Blogger 123txpublicdefender123 said...

Thanks, guys! And thanks for being a part of my support group.

5/18/2005 4:23 PM  
Anonymous Kevin O'Keefe said...

Nice way of expressing why you blog and the guidelines you follow. I'll post the guidelines as an example for other lawyers on blog.

Stay well & keep up the great work.

- Kevin

5/22/2005 9:49 PM  
Blogger Firat said...

şarkı dinle -cinsel sohbet-radyo dinle-
islami sohbet-sohbet-sohbet kanallari-
sohbet siteleri-sohbet odaları-cet-
çet-sohbet siteleri-cet-dj akman-
mirc indir-çet-sohpet-
çet-cet-sohpet-
antalya sohbet-mersin-sevda-
çet-cet-sohpet-
bedava sohbet-bursa sohbet-
çorum sohbet-denizli sohbet-gay sohbet-
lez sohbet-mersin sohbet-
avrupa sohbet-istanbul sohbet-
izmir sohbet-ankara sohbet-karadeniz sohbet-
mirc-mircler-mirc indir-
trabzon sohbet-adana sohbet-
hatay sohbet-antakya sohbet-
iskenderun sohbet-hatay-
hatay sohbet-hatay sohbet-
turk chat-mersin-gurbet sohbet-
sivas sohbet-yozgat sohbet-kayseri sohbet

2/24/2010 11:11 AM  
Blogger Rüya Tabirleri said...

seslisohbet sesli sohbet sohbet sesli seslichat sesli chat chat sesli kameralı sohbet kameralı chat araba motosiklet motorsiklet motor moto motosikletz sesli sohbet sesli chat kamerali sohbet goruntulu sohbet goruntulu chat kamerali chat sesli sohbet sesli chat kamerali sohbet goruntulu sohbet goruntulu chat kamerali chat kaliteli sohbet kaliteli chat kalitelisesli seslisohbet.com seslichat.com Oyun oyunlar sarki sozleri siirler siir ask siirleri hazir mesajlar guzel sozler burclar gunluk burclar msn nickleri msn nickler hikaye veryy

3/25/2010 2:23 PM  
Blogger Rüya Tabirleri said...

goruntulu chat goruntulu sohbet sohbet chat oyun oyunlar hazir mesajlar almanya sohbet almanya chat almanya sesli sohbet almanya sesli chat almanya kamerali sohbet almanya kamerali chat almanya goruntulu sohbet almanya goruntulu chat almanya canli sohbet almanya canli chat hollanda sohbet hollanda chat hollanda sesli sohbet hollanda sesli chat hollanda kamerali sohbet hollanda kamerali chat hollanda goruntulu sohbet hollanda goruntulu chat hollanda canli sohbet hollanda canli chat canli chat dinisesli islamisesli kamerali chat kamerali sohbet hikayeler islami sohbet dini sohbet chat roulette chatroulette thanks

3/25/2010 2:23 PM  
Blogger the baris said...

Hallo alle zusammen Çet Odalari ich finde Cet Odalari das die Çet türkei zum Çetlesmek leben kein Sohbet Siteleri geignetes land Sohbet Sitesi ist allein Sohbet odalari da durch Bedava Chat das sie Bedava Sohbet leben wie ücretsiz Chat denen es Gay Sohbet gerade zu turkchat mute ist turk chat aber was turk sohbet das internet turkiye sohbet betrifft bin turkiye chat ich sehr turkchat verwundert und turk chat überrascht zu muzik gleich begeistert turkce chat was die chat internet seiten sohbet odalari zum chaten sohbet odalari und freunde ask chat finden sind galeri sehr genial haberler vorallem wie türkiye chat türk chat turkchat türkiye chat
Hallo alle videolar zusammen ich turkchat finde das turk chat die türkei türk chat zum leben türkchat kein geignetes turkchat land ist chat allein da turkiye chat durch das turk chat sie leben turkchat wie denen

6/04/2011 8:42 AM  
Anonymous cinsel sohbet said...

very blogs! thanx admin!

mirc indir
mirc
cinsel sohbet
Gay Cet
Yetiskin Sohbet
mynet sohbet
mynet cinsellik
mynet gay
mobil film izle
film izle
online film izle
gabile sohbet
metin2 pvp
metin2 pvp

1/11/2015 1:49 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

very blogs! thanks admin!

vine video izle
vine video seyret
vine izle
mobil film izle
film izle
online film izle

10/20/2015 3:57 PM  
Anonymous Canlı Radyo said...

radyo dinleme sitesi

6/26/2016 6:22 AM  
Blogger SitelerBacklink said...

Oyun Sitesi

Online Radyolar

Şarkı dinle

6/26/2016 6:24 AM  

Post a Comment

Links to this post:

Create a Link

<< Home